Monday, April 27, 2015

Why I...

Forgot my own birthday.
       What I had wanted to avoid most was the confrontation between Tom and Gatsby's relationships with Daisy. It seems as though it was inevitable for Tom to have to get involved with everything. As soon as Daisy had pleased to go to New York with Gatsby, it was almost an invitation for Tom to interfere and invite the rest of us along with them to keep an eye on their behavior. Once tension begins to arise, accusations and insults began with Tom and ended with Gatsby. Tom accuses Gatsby that his pursuit for Daisy is just a Gatsby's way of exaggerating a fling he has with Daisy. Tom admits that he has researched into Gatsby's business with Wolfsheim and accused them of bootlegging. Even more surprising was that Gatsby had finally came out with something that had been kept a secret for so long. Gatsby had said to Tom that Daisy does not love him and never did love him. Then, obviously, Tom had protested that he Gatsby is telling a lie and even asked Daisy for the truth. She does not fully deny anything, she proclaims that she has loves them both and truthfully I never wanted this confrontation to ever happen.
       Just then, Tom believes that he has the upper hand to Gatsby and suggests that him and Daisy drive home together. These reasons today gave me so much occupation and stress in my mind that I had forgotten my own birthday. Today is my thirtieth birthday and these events have led me into someone that I, myself, do not even recognize anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment